Helps Increase Supply Chain Efficiencies
EIDR plays a crucial role in increasing supply chain efficiencies by:
- Eliminating costly translations between proprietary ID systems.
- Lowering risks of misidentification caused by duplication and lack of ID uniqueness.
- Improving internal asset tracking.
- Improving ability to match assets and metadata from different databases, service providers, or metadata suppliers.
Enables Value Added Services
EIDR provides a set of APIs for developers of third party applications and services, such as workflow integration, reporting, and linking to enhanced metadata.
Examples of such enhanced services include:
- More granular and more accurate rights tracking and reporting down to the level of clips, composites and encodings.
- Simplified universal search and discovery.
- Detailed consumption metrics for individual assets.
Interoperability / Other Identifiers
Interoperability is a central focus for EIDR. Three key areas are:
- Application‐appropriate representations of the EIDR ID
- Extensible support for identifiers from other systems as first‐class metadata elements
- Registration of EIDR content records based on metadata from other systems, including the very important case of standards‐based metadata.
EIDR is a cross industry, nonprofit association which has developed Universal Unique IDs for television and movie assets. The association’s practiced and proven benefit, when utilized in the entertainment supply chain, is regarded as the unique identifier for all television and movie assets. The registry has been developed to serve multiple actors and support all business models in that operate within the entertainment supply chain.
As EIDRs are widely deployed across the entertainment supply chain, the association’s technology provides the foundation for market convergence and supports innovative new cross-sector partnerships.
This section showcases a number of current implementations that can be leveraged when using EIDRs as the Universal Unique Identifier. Use the jump links or browse all below:
- Advertising Applications
- Broadcast Television Supply Chain
- Business Intelligence
- Content Discovery & 2nd Screen Apps
- Content Management
- Digital Cinema
- Digital Retail and Electronic Sell Thru (EST)
- Master Data Management (MDM)
- Multichannel Service Providers
- Rights Tracking
- Viewership Measurement Applications
EIDR in Linear Programmatic Advertising – TV Ad Bureau/Pearl LLC
EIDR in Dynamic Ad Insertion
Top Ten Things Marketers Need to Know About DAI – CTAM
Broadcast Television Supply Chain
EIDR in Broadcast Operations – EIDR
EIDR in ATSC 3.0 – EIDR
Public Watermark for Broadcast Networks – Verance
Verance Selected for ATSC 3.0 Standard Watermark – Verance
Content Discovery & Second Screen Applications
Content ID and Media Synchronisation – DVB
EIDR in Digital Cinema – EIDR
Digital Retail and Electronic Sell Through (EST)
EIDR Benefits in the Digital Supply Chain – Google
Efficiency/Time-to-Market Improvements Leveraging EIDR – Google (Presentation)
Cost Savings in Digital Supply Chain – Warner Bros and Microsoft (Executive Summary)
Cost Savings in Digital Supply Chain – Warner Bros and Microsoft (Full Version)
Use of EIDR in UltraViolet – EIDR
Master Data Management (MDM)
EIDR Connector – Riversand
Viewership Measurement Applications
Cross-Platform Measurement – EIDR